Tonight’s victory by the Leafs over Ottawa ensured that they would be involved in a playoff game sometime next month. Here’s a look back on the year 2004, the last time the Leafs made the playoffs:
- None of our grade 1 or 2 students had been born (and even some of our grade 3s)
- We still had only one class in each of grades 5-8.
- Shrek 2 was the number one movie and Usher was the top selling album
- Our 18 000 square foot Third Addition had not been built
- KCS didn’t have social media sites…sometimes I feel it would be nice to go back to this time!
- Current Leafs; James Reimer, Phil Kessel, and Jake Gardiner were in high school
- We sent home our newsletters on paper in your son or daughter’s knapsack
- Glenn Zederayko was Head of School
- Elmo was the hottest toy on the market
- The majority of students did not carry around cell phones (the phone would not fit in their locker)
- Our student population was approximately 220 students – almost 2/3s of our current student body
- A daughter of one of our teachers was born on May 4, 2004
(Toronto Star, Apr. 20, 2013 – Toronto Maple Leafs: Return to playoffs would be first-time experience for these kids)
What have you done since May 2004?
Head of School